[TEMPLATE]phpbay top 3[/TEMPLATE]
Making A Mardi Gras Mask
Author: Ronnie Tanner
When you think of Mardi Gras, you automatically imagine fun, revelry, parties, beads, costume at Ebay or Amazons, and masks. Of all the images, the carnival mask predominates. In fact, Venetian masks are often used to symbolize the festival.
The history of their use at Carnival celebrations is centuries old as Mardi Gras masks were originally worn to conceal a person’s identity and social class during costume at Ebay or Amazon parties. Accented with feathers, sequins and ribbons, these decorative masks come in an array of bright, regal colors including green, purple and gold.
During Mardi Gras, every member of your family, including your pets, should have an authentic, uniquely crafted mask.
Making a Mardi Gras mask is simple. The process can be used as a fun, family activity to enjoy with the kids, and it only takes a few inexpensive, items to make one: cardboard, craft foam, large craft stick, faux jewels, feathers, foil wrapping paper or paint, glitter, glue, glue gun, protective cloth or paper, ribbon, scissors, sequins, hole-punch, and scissors or utility knife.
1. Before you begin, place the protective cloth or paper on your table or work station.
2. Allow the glue gun to heat for at least 10 minutes before using it.
3. Choose a design for your mask. You may refer to either a picture or you can use a mask template. Many free templates are available online.
4. Trace or draw the shape of the mask on tracing paper. Transfer the drawing or template onto either the cardboard or lightweight craft foam.
5. To keep the template secure, use the heated glue gun to place a small drop of glue at the top of the backside of the mask. Allow the template to adhere to the cardboard or craft foam.
6. Cut the mask with a pair of scissors or utility knife.
7. Put a drop of glue on the craft stick.
8. Too add color, cover your mask with foil wrapping paper or paint it.
9. Decorate the stick with glitter, ribbon or sequins.
10. Be creative- add feathers, sequins, jewels, and ribbon to decorate the rim of the mask.
11. Allow the decorations to completely dry before wearing your mask.
About the Author
Find out more about Mardi Gras masks and other industry specific topics.
[TEMPLATE]phpzon costume at Ebay or Amazon[/TEMPLATE]
[TEMPLATE]phpbay costume at Ebay or Amazons[/TEMPLATE]